Monsoon Treasure

 


       I have been in a crawling position as my daily exercise routine. A neighbor getting closer to the doorstep by calling my pet name. He have the peculiar practice of calling someone gravely and fooling them by just asking “how are you?”. Obviously, he may ) end up as Agassi's Kannada moral story. I did not reply. Because, I do not rely on him anymore! Then he approached my mother while she milking the cow in the cowshed. When I wind up my exercise, mother told me to pursue him to get Mushrooms! I backed him to a cashew plantation. 

He plucked remaining tiny mushrooms so that someone would have plucked earlier in surfeit.

Blooming of Mushroom every year at a same place raised many eyebrows in my neighbourhood. What geological qualities influences the Mushroom to born? Do Mushrooms bear by thunder? Or do people presume so despite of its bloom in the thundering monsoon?

Myth or Mind

Do Mushrooms shrink if it is seen by humans in bud? Most of the people believe that lifetime of the Mushroom is only a day. Nevertheless, they believe so why they believe about its shrinking as Einstein’s theory of relationship? In the monsoon, Human seeks Mushroom as seeking treasure. If he saw them as a bud, then he may wait for it to flourish. This waiting makes him to feel the time long as counting every seconds. We usually sought Mushrooms by pursuing its fragrance. The fragrance will be emitted only after its blooming. However, if we did find it in buds, people who believe its lifetime as single day will propagate this theory of shrinking.

Truth and Death

There is a folk law in the process of plucking the Mushrooms.  The one who plucks have to say Alambu Alambu Alambu or may Lambu Lambu Lambu in coastal Tulunad (means Mushroom Mushroom Mushroom) as loud as audible to the neighbours or nearby approach. Snakes usually get fascinated by the Mushroom fragrance. Presumably there would be a snake near to it. We can envisage the reason behind is to avoid such a helpless situation, plucker should attend the neighbours or people nearby either. He may have to start plucking by ensuring the circle of safety.

Another possible reason behind this may pucker should not acquire the entire Mushrooms himself. He has to share that once in a blue moon. The jealous people those have had not get or feudalist those neither willing to search nor go to the Mushroom rising land where proletariat's work might make this constraint to gain the opportunity.  


Advantageous Fault

                 Could our own faults become advantages in our life? When I returned home as I do weekly, I  that the toothbrush had been using at home is taken away. So, it is inevitable to get into the cashew plantation. In the evening, I phone called to a neighbor who possess convenience store in nearby junction. In spite of weekend curfew, he had closed the store in the noon. And he told me to recall him next morning. Again, I forgot to call him. It is pleasure to pluck one more cashew leaf. On Monday, I had to rise early so that I had to catch the first bus from my town. When I have been walking towards the cashew tree, I stunned by the fortuity fragrance. A white tiny umbrella, dazzling from the lea. I called my mother to get my hat! 



-© Ashith Rai T

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Check Aadhaar PAN Link Status and Link with